Wednesday, April 16, 2008

MIA

Just wanted to drop a quick note to say I'm sorry I've been MIA the past few days. My grandmother fell on Monday morning and hurt her back. Since my father passed away 10 months ago, I'm the only family she has left (except my sister but she lives in another state) so that leaves all grandma's care up to me. I've been with her in the hospital for a couple days as they've been trying to figure out why she keeps falling - this is fall number 4 (or 5, I’ve lost count) in the past 2 years. Luckily there are no broken bones but she has a lot of back pain. They ran a bunch of test looking for blood clots that may have been cutting off her oxygen (her blood pressure and oxygen levels were very low) and discovered something else entirely. She has a whole in her diaphragm and a large amount of her internal organs have migrated up into her left lung cavity - the organs are restricting her lung so it can’t inflate and she’s not getting enough oxygen. She’s going to be 94 in August so the doctors are hesitant to do any major surgery but they’re trying to come up with a course of action. Meanwhile, I’m not getting a lot of time for personal interests and only came back to work for a few hours today. I’ll be in touch as soon as I can.

~KJ

1 comment:

Rose said...

Hugs, KJ. Your grandmother (and you) are in my prayers. Let me know if you need anything.