Tuesday, June 3, 2008

Has it really been 1 year?

Today’s LO is for my dad, who passed away 1 year ago today. I thought this would be a very hard day – while I am sad, it’s not as bad as I thought it would be. I guess time does heal all wounds.

In the view finder reel, I placed pics of my dad from infant to September 2006 (my wedding). I also placed pics of things that remind me of him:

* White diamonds perfume - he bought this for me for Christmas several times
* A circuit board - he was an electronics technician and loved to tinker with things
* Coke – dad’s favorite drink of all time
* Blueberry pie – his favorite dessert
* Pizza – we ate a lot of pizza when I was a kid, my dad loved it – especially Conan’s Pizza

The word art is the first verse of a poem by Kristi Dyer:
I find an old photograph
And I see your smile.
As I feel your presence anew,
I am filled with warmth
And my heart remembers love.

This poem expresses my feelings so eloquently…not all of my memories of my dad are pleasant, but as time passes, I remember only love.


4 comments:

Ryan said...

the LO & poem are wonderful KJ. I love you.

Melanie said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Melanie said...

Just wanted to say hello and thanks for the love! I love the LO and think it is a great way to remember your Dad!! I had to delete the last post because I forgot to mention who I am!! My screen name is roaddummy. Don't ask about the name, that is a story for another time!!! Great blog and I look forward to working with you ladies and learning a lot about designing!!!

Rose said...

LO is gorgeous. The poem is beautiful!!. . . but you need to fix the typo (you have remeber not remember. :) )