Thursday, June 19, 2008

Practicing Patterns

We were out of town last weekend for my hubby’s 15 year reunion. I took a ton of pics that I’ll have to find time to scrap for you. Since we missed Friday and Monday as well, I’ve spent most of this week playing catch up at work and with homework.

Of course, I always seem to find time for scrapping or designing. Today, I did a little of both. I got this great tutorial on making patterned paper through my aspiring designers group. This pinks & purple feminine paper with lovely butterflies and pretty flowers is the result of my 1st attempt at a more complicated pattern. Not too shabby, huh? I also made the “fibery” pink paper on this LO. I used several creative use elements by GUNHILD STOREIDE to create my embellishments and the pictures are from my niece’s b-day party in 2006.

I finally got to give Karey her badge album last night so check back soon because I’m going to post the final LO’s here. I didn’t want to put them up sooner because I wanted to see the look on her face when she saw them. I have to say that her little girl is such a beautiful baby. I know I’m probably a bit biased, but I can’t help it…and she’s even prettier in person!

1 comment:

KrisG said...

Love your LO... the colors you chose are perfect! And I love your patterned paper!!!! I'd love to learn to do that (one day, LOL). TFS