Monday, June 2, 2008

Working on a present...

I’ve been working on a template pack that will be available at Scrapper’s Zone very soon. The templates are for badge albums (like the one above) which make perfect gifts for people who have to carry a badge to get into work everyday!

I used one of my templates to create the LO above. One of my best friends from high school had her first baby last week – I’m so thrilled for her. They emailed me some photos and I “borrowed" one to do this page. I’m going to do a whole badge album and send it to her. *Kareygirl, if you’re reading this, act surprised when you get my gift! ;o) I used a digiscrap kit called “For Nadya” by Bunny Cates (of digital-scrapbooking.org) & Kim Broedelet (of Kimb's designs).

I’m sorry I haven’t blogged in a while. I promise not to let it slip for this long any time soon. In my defense, I’ve been super busy trying to get ahead on my homework and work-work because I have Lasik surgery scheduled for this Thursday. I want to make sure I don’t leave anything unfinished so that I can let me eyes rest for a couple of days after the surgery. I’m so excited and so scared all at the same time. I’ve done a lot of research and I know the risk of complications is less than 1%...but there’s that little voice inside that keeps saying, “what if you’re that less than 1%?” But, I think it’s worth it to finally be able to see! I’ve worn glasses since I was 2! So, it’s about time.

4 comments:

Kate said...

KJ -

I love the new badge album template idea, and I plan to get the kit as soon as you release it. I have lots of friends who wear badges and would love these. Thanks for the good idea.

Also, good luck on the Lasik, I had Rdial Keratotamy many years ago, and it was definitely worth it. I had almost perfect vision for 20+ years. "Crossing my fingers for you" You are on my prayer list.

KD

Rose said...

Lasik! How exciting for you!!! I know you've got to be soooo excited. Liz and Bekah both had it. . .and they are okay so I know you'll do great!!

Ryan said...

oh my gosh this is sooo cute! I love it! I'll be praying for you on Thursday too!
love you!

KareyGirl said...

Thank you, I can't wait to see my present! I am excited you are having the Lasik. I will be thinking of you tomorrow. :) Love you, Take care.